Shat Karma - Yoga Lifestyle
Without regular cleansing of the system one cannot gain maximum benefit from yoga practices. Without purification of the body one will not be ready for the higher practices of yoga.
Body cleansing is brought about by the practice of the shatkarmas or six purificatory techniques which are very important from the point of view of physical and mental health. These simple techniques are also highly valuable in healing internal disorders.
There are six main groups of shatkarmas or yogic cleansers as follows:
1) Neti: nasal cleaning, including Jala Neti and Sutra Neti.
2) Dhauti: cleansing of the digestive tract, including Vaman Dhouti (Kunjal) and Vastra Dhouti.
3) Nauli: abdominal massage.
4) Basti: colon cleaning or enema.
5) Kapalbhati: purification and vitalisation of the frontal lobes.
6) Trataka: blinkless gazing.
Learn how to keep yourself clean, detoxified and healthy by learning these 6 basic Yogic cleansing processes. It takes time to learn these processes, and not possible to learn in just 1 session.